Product Review- Ocean Potion Aloe Lotion

Happy Friday Everyone!

Being as though Summer is in full swing, I thought it would be a good time to post a review on a product that often gets overlooked, after sun lotion. Yeah, sure, you can find thousands of “summer essentials” videos and blogs but few mention after care products.
My husband and I purchased this product in June after a day of sunbathing left him with red skin, despite the use of sunblock (he is quite fair skinned, but even re-application of 30 spf sunscreen didn’t keep him from getting a slight burn). Since then, he has used this product on another occasion, also for a mild sun burn, and as a regular moisturizer. I was so impressed with how well it worked, I wanted to share it with all of you!

So here it is, “Ocean Potion Moisturizing Aloe Lotion”.
20140718-183103-66663505.jpg

20140718-183102-66662859.jpg

As the name implies, this moisturizing lotion contains Aloe, a well known ingredients for soothing sunburned skin, as well as several oils (canola, tea tree, corn), Vitamins and herbal ingredients (comfrey, chamomilla, linden) that help heal the skin and soothe the pain. Its has a rather thin consistency and a bit if an herbal-y scent. It goes on easily and is easily absorbed into the skin. Just one pump covers the whole lower leg so it lasts quite a while too.

I only wish I had taken before and after pictures to show you guys how well this product works. After just one application, my husband’s redness had reduced by 50% (applied before bed and left onthe skin over night)! The next day, he applied it in the morning after a shower, and by lunch time, the remaining redness had reduced by 30%. To clarify, with just two applications, the redness had reduced by a total of 80%!
As long as we stayed home, he would reapply the Ocean Potion every couple of hours until it was time for bed. The last 10% of redness was the hardest to dissipate but, by that point, the work week had begun and he was not reapplying as often. The most incredible part of it all…he never peeled!
I was so remarkably impressed with this product as we have previously tried all sorts of “after sun remedies”, from straight aloe vera gel to milk of magnesia, and none of my crazy concoctions has ever worked the way this lotion has. We didn’t even store it in the fridge to cool down the product before application.
After the initial burn, my husband had another mild burn a couple of weeks ago and began using the ocean potion again…it did not disappoint. Obviously, you should rely on sunblock to prevent sunburns in the first place. However, if you still end up with some redness, this is an amazing product that helps to reduce redness, soothe and moisturize the skin, and alleviate some of the pain associated with sunburn.
I used this product myself after a day of being outdoors that left my chest/décolletage a bit red. I had the same results, 50% improvement after one application (left on overnight).
I want to point out that this is NOT a sponsored post. I purchased this product with my own money and no one is paying me for this review (they’d be crazy too anyway, I don’t have a Zoella like number of followers…yet 😉 ! ).
I’m looking forward to checking out other items from Ocean Potion. I was very happy, and surprised, with some of the ingredients in the Aloe Lotion. It is said that their products were developed in South Beach, Miami, FL so these people should know all about sun/skin care.
What products are you guys using this summer to protect and care for your skin? I hope you all are having an amazing Summer. Stay safe out there!

20140718-191351-69231338.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s